Saturday, November 1, 2014

Recruiting Teachers

My official work assignment here in Papua New Guinea involves recruiting teachers to come and serve at Ukarumpa International School (UIS).  We have a huge need for more teachers, so this role is keeping me busy! 

Although I've been involved at the school for nine years, I have even more appreciation for the teachers now that Levi is a pupil there.  We're very grateful that he is able to get a good education at UIS that will prepare him as well as possible for his future.

Part of my work involves writing to teachers who may be interested in teaching here; another aspect is making the needs of our school known as widely as possible. 

One thing I've been working on lately is sending out weekly prayer requests, asking people to pray for various teacher needs.

This week I'm asking people to pray that we'll have all the teachers we need for the next semester, which starts after Christmas.  One of the classes we still don't have a teacher for is Kindergarten (roughly equivalent to UK 'Reception').



If you recognise the boy standing next to the teacher on the back row, you'll understand why this is of particular interest to me!


We're always grateful for your prayer.  Here are some things you may like to pray for with us:
* Please pray that God would provide a Kindergarten teacher for Levi's class next semester.
* We also are in need of several new teachers for the 2015-16 school year, as many of our current teachers will no longer be here.
* Pray for wisdom for me as I work out how best to use the time that I have available for teacher recruitment.
* Andrew would appreciate prayer for wisdom as he takes part in the next Executive Committee session from 19-28 November.